Contract Scientific Editor Wanted
The English Edition is a small business offering writing, editing, and development services to academic researchers and science-based organizations. We offer high level English language scientific writing support mainly in the life sciences, including manuscript and grant proofreading, developmental editing, and consulting on research funding development.
- hold a higher degree in life sciences, understand the process of scientific publishing, and be comfortable working with a large variety of disciplines
- be an excellent writer and editor, and have perfectionist tendencies when it comes to the English language
- have the ability to explain the principles of writing style and composition to authors, and how these are applied to improve their manuscripts
- have a customer service-focused attitude
- be highly organized, independent, and happy working to deadlines
Please send your CV, cover letter, and writing/editing sample to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found.
Patricia Gongal works with researchers to improve the structure, clarity, flow, and style of their scientific writing, and has lots of opinions about science and academia.